While e-mail marketing may have some bad reputation because spam mails may be the first thing that...
Email marketing is a marketing method that uses emails to promote to customers. To some, this...
Top Things to Consider When Creating a Twitter Account for Marketing
1. The quality of your Tweets matters more than the quantity. 5 exceptional Tweets will always be better than 25 crappy ones. Otherwise, you’re just Tweeting for the sake of Tweeting.
2. If you let it, Twitter will consume your marketing life (just as any other form of social media). Twitter and social media aren’t the only marketing games out there. Diversify your marketing strategy.
3. Twitter will make you a better writer. You’ll learn that there’s more power in saying the same thing in 3 words than in 13. Less is always more.
4. Aim for an equal spread of followers and those who you follow. Don’t stack your Twitter deck by amassing a ridiculous number of followers. All that says is that you’re pretentious and you don’t really care what the rest of the world has to say.
5. Remember that Twitter (and all other social media sites) is a competition for air time.
6. Always be kind and respectful on Twitter.
7. Make Tweeting a daily habit.
8. Plan before you Tweet. Don’t use Twitter if you’re at risk for off-the-cuff content.
9. Incorporate what’s going on with your other marketing channels in your Tweets. New blog posts? Most YouTube hits this week? Record “Likes” on Facebook?
10. Remember that Twitter is searchable. Dot your Tweets with relevant keywords and phrases so that newcomers can find you easily. Don’t forget to include important keywords in your bio!
Have more? Do share?
We also invite you to check out SimplyCast’s free Twitter marketing automation tool. Make your Tweeting that much easier.